Fernando González Cortés
I am an independent software developer. My main interests are open source, geographical information systems, statistics and artificial intelligence.
As a software developer I care about:
- What the client tries to achieve and how best software can help.
- Finding simple solutions that avoid adding complexity to the codebase.
- Automating tests and other development best practices, so that the software is stable and the development pace does not drop.
- Studying how project goals and requirements relate to tasks a software team needs to execute on.
You can take a look at my daily activities in my blog.
A list of my personal projects (to be completed!):
- Border rampage: A map showing the speeds of the public transport in the border between Geneva (Switzerland) and Pays de Gex (France). It allows to browse the last 24 hours of measured data and 24h of forecasted data. No longer online, but there are a series of posts in my blog (Traffic prediction based on public transport transit times).
- Music Jargon: Work in progress. A text based music notation. Useful to quickly draft ideas, share them. Finally you can do a git diff on your compositions.
I am currently the developer of:
I have been part of these development teams:
I have done (small) contributions to
I am a founder member of geomati.co